After being released initially as XBOX Media Center (XBMC) app for XBOX 360, Kodi TV has come a long way. Previously, Kodi was a media player application available for the XBOX 360 console. It was basically an app which contained various streams of movies and TV shows for XBOX 360 console users to view. Besides that, XBMC also played files from storage devices plugged in to the console. However, since parting ways with Microsof, the XBMC created their own freeware project which is now known as Kodi.
Kodi is available for a large number of platforms like Android, Windows, iOS, Amazon Fire and much more. Its main highlight is the fact that it provides a plethora of downloadable add-ons to enhance and customize the player as per the particular user’s liking. For Android, Kodi is really easy to download with a number of third party websites offering .APK package installers for the users to download and install. However, for iOS users and specifically iPad users, finding a proper downloading method for Kodi seems tough. Well, we have come up with methods for installing the app properly on iPads. Let us discuss them down below.
Installing Kodi on Apple iPad
Here, we will discuss the 2 possible methods to install Kodi on Apple iPad.
- Installing via Cydia Impactor
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, download Cydia Impactor.
- Step 2: Now, open Google on your PC’s default browser and search for the .IPA file for Kodi.
- Step 3: From the search results, look for an appropriate download link and download the Kodi .IPA file on your PC.
- Step 4: Now, connect your iPad to your PC and run Cydia Impactor.
- Step 5: Get to the directory folder of the Kodi .IPA file, drag and drop it to Cydia Impactor.
- Step 6: Now, on Cydia Impactor, fill in your Apple account details and install the Kodi app on your iPad through the installation wizard.
- Installing via deb files
- Step 1: Using any browser on your iPad, search for iFile app and download it.
- Step 2: Now, download the deb file for Kodi on your iPad.
- Step 3: Once downloaded, open the Kodi deb file using the iFile app.
- Step 4: Now, the application should prompt with an installation wizard. Click “Install”.
- Step 5: Switch off your iPad and Kodi should be installed on your device once you switch it on.
Note: The deb file method is recommended for users with a jail broken iPad device.
Kodi is a must have application for anyone wishing to watch a lot of movies and TV shows on their iPads. Kodi on Apple iPad comes with a large collection of HD quality videos which can be viewed with a single click. The best part about Kodi is its add-ons which cost no money at all. The app works with both jail broken and non jail broken iPads. Downloading and installing methods for both types of devices has been provided in this article above.