Kodi is a non-profit open-source media player software application. Not only does it allow you to access the local stored content in your device but also the network streams from the other websites such as YouTube, Spotify, Rhapsody and more.
There are hundreds of such media players but in the recent times, Kodi has been at the top of its game overshadowing other competitors with its larger than life features.
Kodi works on a number of devices and turns them into portable media hub to let you access various formats of videos. The UI of Kodi is also quite attractive as it provides a number of colorful skins. With over 75 languages and 900 add-ons, Kodi is available for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, Raspberry, iOS and numerous other platforms.
How to Download & Install Kodi App on PC?
Installing via Bluestacks
Bluestacks is an android emulator which lets you run all the android applications on your Desktop/Laptop. Bluestacks is available on Windows 7 and above versions. To get Kodi App on PC, you would first need to download Bluestacks and here are the steps to do it:
- Open your browser and go to bluestacks.com, on the homepage itself you would notice a download button.
- Click on the download and wait as it takes time to download depending on your data speed.
- Once it is downloaded, Open the Bluestacks and let it load completely.
- On the main screen, there would be a Search apps bar which will get you to any android app available on Android PlayStore.
- Search for “Kodi” in the search bar and click install.
- Once the installation is done, you can run Kodi easily without any further trouble.
While there is another step to download Kodi Media Player on your PC, it might take some time as it downloads Kodi directly from Kodi’s official website into your PC. Below are the guidelines to install Kodi on your PC directly from its website.
- Open your browser and go to https://kodi.tv/download.
- As you open the page and scroll a bit, there would be a number of platforms listed such as Windows, Linux, Android, iOS but as you need to install Kodi App on PC, Click Windows.
- The file is almost 70 MB and, again, it may take some time to download.
- Open the file when it is downloaded and begin the installation process.
- While installing, there would be some steps to customize as you will be asked if you want to add Audio Encoder, PVR Add-Ons and some of the colourful skins.
- Kodi will be successfully installed in matter of minutes and you can customize the way you want.
The first step is lengthy but faster while the second step is facile but may take some time. There are other android emulators available too but we recommend you to use Bluestacks as it is totally handy and simple.