The vast increase in popularity of TV content has resulted in development of various open source media player. Open source media players play TV content online and provide TV like experience to users. Kodi is an example of this category.
A little about Kodi TV App
Kodi is an open source media player which streams online video content such as TV Shows, Sports Shows and Movies. It was previously known as XBOX Media Center (XBMC) when it was affiliated with Microsoft. However, developers decided to launch a new streaming application after separating with Microsoft; they named it Kodi. With various add-on categories and extras, Kodi has established itself as one of the most popular streaming application in the world.
Kodi is available on platforms like Android, Amazon Fire, iOS, Linux, Windows etc. Popularity of Android spreads all around the world which concluded with a decision of releasing Kodi for Android.
Kodi offers users movie, TV shows and music streaming options for free in high quality. With availability of tons of add-ons, instructions are required to customize Kodi as per your better interest. Installation of Kodi is relatively easier on Android compared to other platforms. After installation, user would be able to browse various options and stream unlimited content for free.
Let us talk about how to pass through the installation process of Kodi App on Android.
How to Download & Install Kodi App on Android?
- Installing Kodi via Google Play Store
Google Play Store is the official source for download of Android applications developed by Google. You can download and install Kodi via Google Play Store easily following these steps:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android Phone.
- Search for “Kodi” in the search bar.
- Find the official Kodi application and click on it.
- Tap on the install button and wait till it downloads.
Google play will handle the installation of Kodi after the download. It will also select the appropriate version for you and handle future updates automatically.
- Installing Kodi via sideloading
Sideloading is a process of manually installing an Android application. Installation of an application is carried out by initially downloading an APK. You can follow these simple steps to manually install Kodi on your Android device:
- Browse http://kodi.tv/download/ on your browser.
- Find Android in the platform list which appears on the front screen.
- Click on Android icon and wait till for the download of APK to complete.
- After downloading the application, check right the Unknown Sources option in settings.
- Now go back to your download list and click on the download APK. A new window will appear, click on Install option and wait for installation of the application.
You’ve installed Kodi App on Android device of yours.
Note: The installation has completed and you won’t be able to use or stream any of the channels without its Add-On. Check how to install Add-Ons on Kodi TV App.
What we learnt
There are various sites which would offer you to download Kodi Application for free. However, two processes mentioned in this context are officially approved. Passing through any one of these process would let you operate on Kodi Application for Android with ease collecting all the amazing features it offers.